Also known as Microneedling, Percutaneous Collagen Induction (PCI), Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT) Derma Rollering or Derma Needling, it has become a popular, professional salon treatment. Skin-needling is the penetration of the skin by very small needles. This can be in the form of a stamp type tool (manual), pen device, or a roller.
It works in two ways; it assists transdermal absorption, and increases collagen production. There are many positive effects to this treatment including –
- Promotes smoother skin
- Provides deeper product penetration
- Pores are cleansed and unblocked
- Reduces the appearance of scars such as post-acne
- May help reduce hyperpigmentation
- Stimulates the production of collagen
- Works on most skin types
- Thickens and tightens the skin
- Lines and wrinkles are reduced
- Reduces the appearance of cellulite
This is a blended theory and practical day course where students will learn using both a derma roller and a derma pen. Student kits are provided as part of the overall course cost.
Level 2 facial A&P is a prerequisite to this course, proof of prior certifications must be provided.
Once payment is received you will be sent the course manual and login details for our Virtual Learning Portal. In- house practical training and assessment required at our Grimsby Centre.